The photographs that contain moments are what you will look at in 5, 10, 20 years, cherish and grow nostalgic over. Of course I'll shoot the traditional, but know that your photographs will be a slice of your life; messy rooms and all.
All sessions have a $250 creative fee. Albums and wall art, with matching digitals, are available a la carte at your Viewing + Ordering Appointment. Click to view some of my favorite products I offer. Clients tend to invest a minimum $1000.
Expectant parents! My Baby's First Year package is perfect for you. Three session packages start at $650, and clients tend to invest $850+ per session. Email me for a detailed price sheet.
The Portrait Experience:
- Connect with Kara to talk about the portrait experience and see if you are a good fit for each other.
- Second, we'll chat about your session at your design consultation. We'll go over location, timing and what you want to do with the images. We can meet at your home or talk over FaceTime. I'll show you the albums and wall art I offer and we can look at walls where you may want to hang wall art. This meeting really helps make our Viewing and Ordering Appointment go more efficiently.
- Next comes the shoot! A session generally lasts about 45 minutes to an hour. We laugh, goof around and generally just have fun. Feel free to bring out activities, costumes, toys, books...
- Then comes your Viewing + Ordering Appointment, which is held a few days later at your home. You'll view a slideshow of your images. I'll come with wall mock-ups, guide you through the ordering process and explain the best ways to showcase your images in your home, based on your life and style. We'll finalize your order at this time. An album and wall art are my most popular items.
- The final step is album and wall art delivery! All wall art will be professionally installed so it is DONE and ready to be enjoyed.
What to wear? Click here for family portraits clothing ideas. But please ... puhlease ... whatever you do, don't show up in matching outfits.
My style of head shots is more natural. The background can be a cool brick wall, a fundoor, a white wall or just a blurred out scene behind you. Head shots are done in my studio in the Art District on Santa Fe or on location - which may be at your office or a favorite spot downtown.
I have two options for head shots:
Short and Sweet: $150/person, 15 minutes long and include one hi-res digital file. Great for updating an old head shot.
A Little More: $300/person, 60 minutes and includes two hi-res digital files. This gives you more images to choose from, and as well as a variety of clothing and locations. Perfect for updating your website, social media and brand with different images. Additional digital files are $100/each.
There is special pricing for 5 or more head shots done at one session.
I am convinced that shooting your wedding as a photojournalist – shooting your day as it unfolds, sneaking candids of guests, and capturing the little moments between the bride and groom – is the only way to accurately tell the story of your special day.
Coverage starts at $4200. Please email me for a detailed price sheet. Elopements begin at $1250.
All coverage includes:
- high-resolution, edited digital files
- a second photographer
- a private online photo gallery
- a few other fun things
- Some packages include an engagement shoot, a wedding album and/or parent albums.
Want more info?